|Terms and Conditions
All orders are accepted and goods supplied to the following express terms and conditions (Chapel Chocolates's standard conditions of sale) and save to the extent that the exclusion or restriction of liability may be prohibited by statute, all other conditions , warranties and representations, expressed or implied and statutory otherwise, except as to title, are hereby excluded. Any order placed by a Customer shall constitute an offer to contract upon these express terms and conditions and no addition thereto or variation therefrom whether contained in the Customer's order; or otherwise shall apply unless expresssly agreed in writing by Chapel Chocolates.
All orders are subject to availability of the goods. Any prior confirmation by Chapel Chocolates by facsimile, telephone or email shall be deemed to be provisional only.
Cancellation or amendments of orders may be subject to a charge as stated in Clause 11b.
- Manufacturer's Specification
Chapel Chocolates will not be liable in any respect for any loss or damage caused by or resulting from any variation for whatever reason in the Manufacturer's specifications and will not be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from curtailment or cessation of supply following such variation. Chapel Chocolates will endeavour to advise the Customer of any such impending variation as soon as it recieves notice from the Manufacturer.
- Value Added Tax (VAT)
VAT is automatically added to the cost of Goods where applicable.
- Delivery Charges
Delivery charges are automatically added to the cost of Goods as part of the process of submitting an order.
- Passing of Risk and Property
Risk in the Goods passes to the Customer on delivery.
Property in the Goods shall remain in Chapel Chocolates until payment in full has been made by the Customer.
- Defects and Use
As expressly stated within Chapel Chocolates's standard conditions of sale and to the extent that the exclusion or restriction of liability may be prohibited by statute, Chapel Chocolates shall not be liable for any loss of whatsoever to whomsoever or whatsoever nature caused arising out of the use of Goods. The Customer shall indemnify Chapel Chocolates against all claims made against Chapel Chocolates by any third party in respect thereof, unless otherwise agreed. a) Where the Goods are rejected by the Customer for whatsoever reason, Chapel Chocolates will only accept the return of such goods provided that it recieves written notice within 21 days and that the Goods are returned within 21 days of reciept of the Goods with the original packing and must be returned in the same condition that it was despatched to the Customer. Any damage or loss to either Goods or packaging will affect the amount of refund made. b) Where the Goods are found to have defects or faulty workmanship in the Goods the Customer shall not be entitled to recieve any compensation, credit or refund in excess of that recieved by Chapel Chocolates under any guarantee or warranty given to it by the Manufacturer or supplier.
- Return of Goods
Goods will not be accepted until a Return Authorisation number has been obtained and the Goods have been returned to Chapel Chocolates at the Customer's expense. All Goods must be returned in good condition.
- Payment shall be in advance.
- Chapel Chocolates reserves the right to suspend deliveries where payment is not recieved in accordance with sub-clause (a).
Any times quoted for despatch are to be treated as estimated only and without prejudice, although every endeavour will be made by Chapel Chocolates to adhere to them. Quotations or offers of goods ex stock are subject to the Goods being unsold at the time of receipt of the Customer's written order (mail, fax or email). All despatch dates are calculated from the date of acceptance of Chapel Chocolates's written order.
- Customer's Default and Cancellation and Re-scheduling of Deliveries.
- If the circumstances or status of the Customer changes, for whatever reason Chapel Chocolates reserves the right without prejudice, to cancel or suspend trading with the Customer including orders in progress.
- Requests by a Customer for cancellation or amendment of an order or for the re-scheduling of deliveries will only be considered by Chapel Chocolates if made in writing (mail, fax or email) and shall be subject to the written acceptance of Chapel Chocolates or if cancelled or re-scheduled at the request of the Customer, then the Customer will indemnify Chapel Chocolates against all loss costs (including the cost of labour, materials used and overheads incurred), damages, charges and expenses arising out of the order and the cancellation, amendment or rescheduling thereof to be calculated at 5% of the value of the order.
- Force Majeure
Chapel Chocolates shall not be liable for the cancellation of any order or unfulfilled part thereof or for the effecitng partial delivery if performance by Chapel Chocolates is prevented or delayed whether directly or indirectly by any cause whatsoever beyond the reasonable control of Chapel Chocolates whether such cause existed or was foreseeable at the date of acceptance of the Customer's order by Chapel Chocolates or not and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, any cause shall be deemed to prevent , hinder or delay Chapel Chocolates if Chapel Chocolates is thereby prevented, hindered or delayed from fulfilling other commitments whether to the Customer or to third parties.
- Non-Standard Products
Unless otherwise stated the Goods are supplied in accordance with the Manufacturer's standard specification. In no circumstances will it consider cancellation of such non-standard products or the return of the Goods.
- Exclusion of Liability
- Except where provided for otherwise in these Conditions, Chapel Chocolates shall be under no liability of whatsoever kind howsoever caused whether or not due to the negligence or wilful default by Chapel Chocolates or its servants or conditions or other terms, whether expressly excluded providing that nothing in this paragraph shall exclude or restrict any liability of Chapel Chocolates or its servants or agents.
- In any event, Chapel Chocolates's liability shall be limited to direct loss and shall not incude indirect or consequential loss.
The waiver by Chapel Chocolates or any breach of any term hereunder shall not prevent the subsequent enforcement of that term and shall not be deemed a waiver of any subsequent breach.
In no event shall Chapel Chocolates be liable for indirect or consequential expenses incurred or damages. Chapel Chocolates disclaims all liability to the Customer for any losses as a result of negligence or other tortious act by Chapel Chocolates, its employees or agents.
It is hereby acknowledged by the Customer that the only terms and conditions of trade which apply to the supply of goods by Chapel Chocolates to the Customer are those contained herein and no other.
The agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law in Wales and the Courts of Wales shall have jurisdiction to hear all disputes arising in connection with the agreement.
Your basket is empty
|Postage & Delivery|
|At chapelchocolates we calculate postage based on the cost of your order:|
|postage to UK|
|Under £10 ||£2.50|
|£10 - £19.99 ||£4.50|
|Over £20 ||£7.00|